Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's beginning to feel like Fall here in NYC. I'm pumped. I built up a Kona Paddy Wagon with some slightly more burly all-weather tires, put some Pasela touring tires on Elle's bike, and am working on getting a 5-rail Cetma rack for the Wagon so I can haul around my bag without sweaty-back. We've been really enjoying our morning rides down to Tribeca from out apartment on 20th and 1st. It takes the edge offf a bit. I end up not punching windows or slapping rear-view mirrors as much when its nice out; pleasant weather has a calming effect on me that i never realized until moving to NYC. The seasons really change my disposition, writing, and worldview.

We're heading to Rhodes Island on Friday evening or early Saturday morning to pay my dear friends, the Attias family, a visit. We are hoping to poke around Providence, look at Brown and RISD, meet their new Frenchie, Lola, and generally enjoy the company of some of the gentlest people I know.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Rarr rarr rarr, little girl!

"As you get older it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary."