Thursday, October 22, 2009

I meant to post this yesterday.

Elliot Smith was introduced to me right before I moved to California, when I was 17. I didn't listen to the albums much on my drive west. I was burning to see the pacific, to move, to surf everyday, and find something out about, well, something.

California is a different story, but I will tell you that I listened to either/or and the self titled album in rotation with The Get Up Kids Four Minute Mile the whole ride home, driving through the south, following the first real arctic blast of that winter, sleeping in my truck, covered in boardbags and wetsuits to stay warm.


One of my favorite songs, covered by Smith.

2 comments:

Nacht Ville said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nacht Ville said...

f yeah! some ny elliot smith nostalgia, remember seeing him around town in the late 90's at kim's underground on bleecker and once riding the subway w/guitar on the way to a gig at nyu's loeb student center. i was headed to the same place, great show...rip.

"As you get older it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary."