Friday, November 6, 2009

I got to see Kid Dynamite right before they broke up. It was a strange time in hardcore, I think. I was new to the scene, about 13 years old. I was really into Minor Threat and GB. All the bands then were kinda sludgy and heavy, and weren't really into just playing fast music and having fun. It was time to be serious. But I was young and wildly idealistic and wanted to have fun with my friends at shows. Kid Dynamite came into my life and kind of ruined hardcore for me. I saw them and nothing was ever the same. Because like two months after they came to St.Petersburg they broke up. No band ever cam close to em again, i don't think. Maybe the first times I saw Stretch Arm Strong or Bane, or even the first American Nightmare or Hope Conspiracy tours, but those were a little more heavy handed and not as much of a party. Here was their last show, a reunion they did for a friend with cancer, I believe. I wasn't there; i was in Australia.

No comments:

"As you get older it is harder to have heroes, but it is sort of necessary."